PhD Animal science, MSc animal Science, BSc Agricultural Management, National Diploma Animal Health & Production and National certificate in Agriculture
Receipient of the 2012 South African Society for Animal Scientist award for exceptional contribution to the advancement of professionalism and knowledge in Animal Science and the livestock industry
Offers farmer training service
Offer advisory service to livestock farmers, including development of project proposals
Provide mentorship to emerging farmers
Publications And Conferences
- Adedapo, A.A.,Sofidiya, M.O.,Maphosa, V., Moyo, B. Masika P.J. and Afolayan A.J. 2008.Anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities of the acqueous extract of Cussoniapaniulatastem bark. A.C.G. publications Rec. Nat. Prod. 2: 2, 46-53.
- Maphosa V., Masika, P.J. and Moyo B. 2009. Investigation of the anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive activities of Elephantorrhiza elephantina (Burch.) Skeels root extract in male rats. African Journal of Biotechnology. 8 (24): 7068-7072.
- Moyo B., Masika, P.J., Dube,S. and Maphosa, V. 2009. An Invivo study of the efficacy and safety of ethno-veterinary remedies used to control cattle ticks by rural farmers in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 41: 517-523.
- Moyo, B. and P.J. Masika, P.J. 2009. Tick control methods used by resource-limited farmers and the effect of ticks on cattle in rural areasof the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 41: 1569-1576.
- Maphosa, V., Masika P.J. and Moyo, B. 2010. Toxicity evaluation of the aqueous extract of the rhizome of Elephantorrhizaelephantina (Burch.) Skeels. (Fabaceae), in rats. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 48 (1): 196-201.
- Qwele, K., Muchenje, V., Oyedemi, S.O., Moyo, B. and Masika, P.J. 2012. Effect of dietary mixtures of Moringa (Moringa oleifera) leaves, broiler finisher and crushed maize on anti-oxidative potential and physico-chemical characteristics of breast meat from broilers.African Journal of Biotechnology, 12(3) 290-298.
- Moyo, B., Oyedemi, S., Masika, P.J. and Muchenje, V. 2012. Polyphenolic content and antioxidant properties of Moringa oleifera leaf extracts and enzymatic activity of liver from goats supplemented with Moringa oleifera leaves/sunflower seed cake. Meat Science, 91: 441-447.
- Moyo, B., Masika, P.J. and Muchenje, V. 2012. Antimicrobial activities of Moringa oleifera Lam Leaf extracts. African Journal of Biotechnology 11(11): 2797-2802.
- Moyo, B., Masika, P.J. and Muchenje, V. 2012. Effect of supplementing crossbred Xhosa lop-eared goat castrates with Moringa oleifera leaves on growth performance, carcass and non-carcass characteristics. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 44(4): 801-809.
- Maphosa, V., Adedapo, A.A., Moyo, B. and Masika, P.J. 2012. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities of the aqueous extract of Leonotis leonuris leaves in rats. African Journal of Biotechnolgy. 11(26): 6878-6883.
- Moyo, B., Masika, P.J. and Muchenje, V. 2013. Effects of supplementing cross-bred Xhosa lop eared goats with Moringa oleifera Lam on helminth and coocidian-oocyst loads and corresponding body condition score, packed cell volume. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 8(43): 5327-5335.
- Moyo, B. and Masika, P.J. 2013. Valiadation of the acaricidal properties of materials used in ethno-veterinary control of cattle ticks. African Journal of Microbiology Research, 7 (39): 4701-4706.
- Qwele, K., Hugo, A., Oyedemi, S.O. Moyo, B., Masika, P.J. and Muchenje, V. 2013. Chemical composition, fatty acids content and antioxidant potential of meat from goats supplemented with Moringa (Moringa oleifera) leaves, sunflower cake and grass hay. Meat Science, 93 (3): 455-462.
- Moyo, B.,Ndlovu, S.L., Moyo, S., Masika P. J., Muchenje V., Ndhlovu D. N. and Maphosa V. 2014. Alternative remedies and approaches used by resources-challenged farmers in the management of cattle black-leg disease in Umzingwane district, Matabeleland South, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Livestock Production. 6(6): 97-102.
- Moyo, B., Masika, P.J., Muchenje, V. 2014. Effect of feeding Moringa (Moringa oleifera) leaf meal on the physico-chemical characteristics and sensory properties of goat meat. South African Journal of Animal Science, 44(1): 64-70.
- Mlilo, D., Mhlanga, M., Moyo, B., Sisito, G., Mwembe, R., Sibanda, B., Daga, O.and S Ncube., 2015. Perceptions on Malignant Catarrhal fever (MCF) by farmers close to Rhodes Matopo National Park, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Development Research. 5 (12): 6314-6319.
- Tshabalala, B., Dube, J.S., Moyo, B. and Dube A.B. 2015. Alternative remedies used by resource-limited farmers to manage opthalmia in cattle, from Ntabazinduna communal area, Umguza district, Matabeleland North Province, Zimbabwe. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science. 8(9): 91-95.
- Mlilo, D., Mhlanga, M., Mwembe, R., Sisito, G., Moyo, B. and Sibanda, B. 2015. The epidemiology of malignant catarrhal fever (MCF) and contribution to cattle losses in farms around Rhodes Matops National Park, Zimbabwe. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 47: 989-994.
- Masuku, J., Dube, A.B. and Moyo, B. 2015. The impact of diptank rehabilitation on the occurrence of ticks and tick borne diseases in Umzingwane District, Matebeleland South, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine 8 (2): 112 – 118.
- Moyo, B., Masika, P.J. and Muchenje, V., 2016. Potential use of Moringa oleifera leaf in animal feeding: A Review. International Journal of Current Agricultural Research. 4(1): 187-194.
- Mthi, S., Rust, J.M., Morgenthal, T.L. and Moyo, B. 2018. An ethno-veterinary survey of medicinal plants used to treat bacterial disease of livestock in three geographical areas of the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa. Journal of medicinal Plants Research. 12 (18): 240-247.
- Hits: 209