PhD Chemistry (University of Johannesburg, RSA)
MSc Polymer & Surface Coatings Sci.& Technology (Leeds University, England)
BSc Honours Chemistry (University of Zimbabwe)
SACI – South African Chemical Institute
CATSA – Catalysis Society of South Africa
RSC – Royal Society of Chemistry
Publications And Conferences
- Ncube P. Mamba B.B and RW Krause. Fluorescent Sensing of Chlorophenols in Water Using an Azo Dye Modified β-Cyclodextrin Polymer. Oral Presentation. Third Annual DST/Mintek/NIC “Nanotechnology for Life” Workshop and Conference, University of the Western Cape, Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa. 23 November 2010.
- Ncube P. Mamba B.B and RW Krause. Chromophore Modified Cyclodextrin Polymers for the Sensing of Pollutants in Water. Oral Presentation. NIC/MINTEK Conference, MINTEK, Johannesburg. 30 July 2010
- P. Ncube, R.W. Krause, and B.B. Mamba. (2011). Fluorescent Sensing of Chlorophenols in Water Using an Azo Dye Modified β-Cyclodextrin Polymer. Sensors (MDPI, Switzerland), 11, 4598 – 4608. (IF 2.033)
- M.F. Zaranyika and P. Ncube (2011). Adsorption/desorption of carbaryl by river sediment: Apparent thermodynamic properties. International Journal of BioChemiPhysics (University of Nairobi, Kenya), 19, 1-9.
- Ncube P. Mamba B.B and RW Krause. Selective Recognition of Hg2+ and Cu2+ ions in Water by a Fluorescent Naphthyl-azo Modified Dibenzo-18-Crown-6-Ether. Poster Presentation. 2nd Regional Conference of the Southern African Young Water Professionals (YWPs). CSIR International Conversion Centre (ICC), Pretoria, South Africa, 3 – 5 July 2011.
Ncube P., Krause R.W., Ndinteh D.T. and Mamba B.B. Fluorescent Sensing and Determination of Mercury (II) Ions in Water. 13th WaterNet/WARFSA/GWP-SA International Symposium on Integrated Water Resource Management. Oral Presentation. The Birchwood Hotel and OR Tambo Conference Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa. 31 October 2012 – 2 November 2012.
- P. Ncube, R.W. Krause, D.T. Ndinteh and B.B. Mamba. (2014). Fluorescent sensing and determination of mercury (II) ions in water. Water SA (Water Research Commission, SA), 40(1), 175 – 182. (Impact Factor 0.962)
- P. Ncube, R.W. Krause, and B.B. Mamba. (2014). Detection of chloroform in water using an azo dye-modified β-cyclodextrin – epichlorohydrin copolymer as a fluorescent probe. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth ((Elsevier), 67-69, 79 – 85. (Impact Factor 1.923)
- Ncube P., Meijboom R. Synthesis and characterization of silica-supported Pd nanoparticles as heterogeneous catalysts for Suzuki C – C coupling reaction. Poster Presentation. Catalysis Society of South Africa (CATSA) 25th Annual Conference; St George Hotel, Pretoria; 9 – 12 December 2014
- P. Ncube,; T. Hlabathe, and R. Meijboom. (2015). The preparation of well-defined dendrimer-encapsulated palladium and platinum nanoparticles and their catalytic evaluation in the oxidation of morin. Applied Surface Science (Elsevier), 357, 1141 – 1149. (Impact Factor 4.439)
- P. Ncube, T. Hlabathe and R. Meijboom. (2015). Palladium nanoparticles supported on mesoporous silica as efficient and recyclable heterogeneous nanocatalysts for the Suzuki C-C coupling reaction. Journal of Cluster Science (Springer), 26(5), 1873 – 1888. (Impact Factor 1.715)
- P. Ncube; N. Bingwa, H. Baloyi and R. Meijboom. (2015). Catalytic activity of palladium and gold dendrimer-encapsulated nanoparticles for methylene blue reduction: A kinetic analysis. Applied Catalysis A: General (Elsevier), 495, 63 – 71. (Impact Factor 4.439)
- Ncube P., Batsile M. Mogudi and Meijboom R. Catalytic activity of mesoporous iron oxides with controlled porosity: Evaluation using the oxidation of Rhodamine B. Poster Presentation. Catalysis Society of South Africa (CATSA) 26th Annual Conference; Cape Town 9 – 12 December 2015
B.M. Mogudi, P. Ncube, and R. Meijboom. (2016). Catalytic activity of mesoporous cobalt oxides with controlled porosity and crystallite sizes: Evaluation using the reduction of 4-nitrophenol. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (Elsevier), 198, 74 – 82. (Impact Factor 11.689)
B.M. Mogudi, P. Ncube, and R. Meijboom. (2017). Promotion effects of alkali- and alkaline earth metals on catalytic activity of mesoporous Co3O4 for 4-nitrophenol reduction. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (Elsevier), 218, 240 – 248. (Impact Factor 11.698)
- S. Dube, B. Tshuma, T.B. Jele, S. Nkompilo, L. Tshuma, L.B. Moyo, N. Hlabangana, F. Nkomo, P. Ncube and J. Tshuma. (2018). Extraction of magnesium from chrome slag by sulphuric acid leaching at low temperatures. International Journal of Innovations in Engineering Research and Technology (Novateur Publications), 5 (11), 1 – 7.
- N. Bingwa, S. Bewana, M. J. Ndolomingo, N. Mawila, B. Mogudi, P. Ncube, E. Carleschi, B.P. Doyle, M. Haumann and R. Meijboom. (2018). Effect of alkali and alkaline earth metal dopants on catalytic activity of mesoporous cobalt oxide evaluated using a model reaction. Applied Catalysis A: General (Elsevier), 555, 189 – 195. (Impact Factor 4.521)
- E. Vunain, P. Ncube, K. Jalama and R. Meijboom. (2018). Confinement effect of rhodium (I) complex species on mesoporous MCM-41 and SBA-15: Effect of pore size on the hydroformylation of 1-octene. Journal of Porous Materials (Springer), 25, 303 – 320. (Impact Factor 1.858)